Diabetes Education and Research Center
Diabetes is a complicated disease.
Diabetes asks a great deal from those who have it. People with diabetes must make decisions and perform skills which can affect their wellbeing every day. Managing diabetes can be challenging for the newly diagnosed as well as for people with much experience. It has been recognized for years that for people with diabetes, along with their loved ones, self-management is a critical piece of the diabetes puzzle.
The Diabetes Education and Research Center has been providing the highest quality education service for the people who live and work in the Greater Philadelphia area. While supporting and working closely with the Diabetes Education Center of Pennsylvania Hospital, the Diabetes Education and Research Center provided outreach education for business, community, civic, social and faith based groups.
Topics that your group may find of interest:
- Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes Update 2018
- How to be the Best Partner with my Heath Care Team
- Pre-Diabetes: What is it? What can I do to prevent diabetes?
- Healthy Eating
- The BIG Benefits of Being Active: How can I design an exercise program for me?
- Blood Glucose Checks - What are my blood glucose goals?
- How do I take diabetes oral medication, insulin and other injectable medications correctly?
- Managing short term problems such as
- High & Low Blood Sugar
- Sick Day Management
- Dealing with Special Occasions
- Stress Management
- Reducing the Risk of Long Term Complications such as
- Heart and Blood Vessel Disease
- Eye and Kidney Problems
- Nerve, Food and Leg Issues
- Gum Disease
- Healthy Coping - Tips for Staying Positive for the Long Haul
The program format is designed specially for each group and setting. Teaching and resource materials will be available. Each presentation will be made by a Certified Diabetes Educator. Contact us to arrange for a presentation.
We look forward to hearing from you!